Monday, May 18, 2015

The Begining

Technically I started in January.
So this is a brief summary from January 1, 2015 to today.

Me:
33, geek. Lover of everything green and growing. Works in telecommunications to pay for books, pet food & adventures. FurMom to 4 cats, 1 dog & lots of fishes! 

The Goal:
Live a healthier, more efficient life. Feel better throughout the day. Have more energy!

The Accomplices:
* Alechia; sister. Running partner, mommy to my nephews (who I hope to run and play with for as long as they want to play! Motivation!)
*Eric; boyfriend.  Counter of calories, partner of cooking show watching, walking partner, fellow geek and lover of books.

The Weapons of Choice:
Sketchers - memory foam
Lose It - calorie tracking app, tracks weight loss as well
S Health - GPS based app for distance and duration of run as well as calories burned
Seconds Pro - a customizable timer app, great for interval training, syncs with your playlist!

For sake of not embarrassing myself, I am not going to put my weight or measurements.

Goals Achieved Thus Far:
* Total lbs lost: 8.4
* Eat healthier, don't drink calories
* Exercise 2 - 3 times per week
* Run 3 minutes straight

What's Next:
* Eat healthier, plan dinner in advance, don't drink calories
* Continue to exercise 2 - 3 times per week
* Lose 10 lbs (total)
*Run 5 minutes Straight
* Run at least a third of the 5k in June

My Long Term Goals:
* Total weight that needs lost: 48 more pounds
* Be able to run 3 miles straight 2x per week
* Weight train 2x per week
* Continue to eat healthier, plan all meals in advance

My achievements thus far don't seem like much. I can't necessarily see the difference, but I can feel it in the way my jeans fit around my thighs and booty area - I no longer feel like I'm going to rip something getting into the car.

When my sister and I started training to run, we could barely run 30 seconds at a time. We're up to being able to run 3 minutes at a time (she can go farther, but 3 minutes is my max) and we usually walk/run/sprint (will post more details on our routine later on) 3 times weekly for at least 30 minutes.

I've been unmotivated lately and haven't made a lot of progress, but haven't backtracked either so I'm proud of where I am so far.

Gotta go. I have a run scheduled in 15 minutes!!








No comments:

Post a Comment